[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.file/branches/ulif-fix-menus/ Do menu-related configuration only if z.a.zcmlfiles is available.

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Tue Jun 5 10:40:45 UTC 2012

Am 05.06.2012 um 09:53 schrieb Tres Seaver:
> On 06/05/2012 03:28 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:
>> Am 04.06.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Uli Fouquet: […]
>>> Also updated the 0.6 branch in SVN. Hope that's okay.
>>

>> I think there should not be a 0.6 branch as the trunk is still on
>> 0.6.*. Usually we only create maintenance branches for non-current
>> releases.
>
> That isn't true any longer for the ZTK packages:  I added maintenance
> branches for all the versions used by ZTK 1.0 / 1.1, and switched the
> development checkouts for 1.0 / 1.1. to use them.  Without that change,
> the stop-energy of "breaking" a dev build for 1.0 / 1.1 was interfering
> with ongoing development.
>
> In this case, version 0.6.1 of the zope.file package was included in ZTK
> 1.0, but dropped from the ZTK before 1.1.  I'm pretty sure the changes
> Uli added should *not* be propagated into another ZTK 1.0 release:  I
> think they might break apps deployed against ZTK 1.0:  Because of the BBB
> concerns, I think we may need to re-release a 0.6.3 which reverts the 0.6
> branch back to the 0.6.1 state, and make Uli's new stuff available as a
> 0.7.0 release.

I thought the same way but I looked at the changes: now only if zope.app.zcmlfiles is there the menu items are registered which was done unconditionally before.
I do not see why this should break any ZTK 1.0 apps.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer
gocept gmbh & co. kg · Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Germany