[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 7, OK: 38

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jun 25 11:02:54 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> On 06/24/2012 09:00 PM, Zope tests summarizer wrote:
>> [1]    FAILED  Repository policy check found errors in 273 projects
>> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-June/064767.html
>
> I think I got nearly all the ZTK pacakge branches finally clean here:
> the exceptions are
>
> - - zope.app.twisted pulls in TwistedCore 2.0.5 as an external from the
>  twisted SVN server
>
> - - zope.html includes non-ZPL code (the ckeditor code).
>
> I think it would be preferable to replace the svn:externals bit in
> zope.app.twisted with a download of an eg::  however, twiseted 2.0.5
> fails to install cleanly under setuptools / buildout, which likely means
> a custom recipe. :(  As for the ckeditor bits:  they may actually be in
> violation of our policy for checking in code not owned by the
> contributor. :(  Can somebody who uses / depends on zope.html comment?
> Maybe we wuold be better off pulling in the code from a CDN?

My recollection is that zope.app.twisted included Twisted because, at the
time, Twisted wasn't installable by setuptools.  This changed a long time
ago. zope.app.twisted should just stop trying to include Twisted.  In the
unlikely event that it doesn't work with current versions of Twisted, it should
simply be fixed or removed from the ZTK.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton