[Zope-dev] unofficial svn mirror on github

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Fri Oct 5 08:39:21 UTC 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 10:21 , johannes raggam <raggam-nl at adm.at> wrote:
> I placed a note in the description, that the github repository is a
> unofficial mirror from svn.zope.org.
>
> I think about cloning even more relevant repositories from
> svn.zope.org, create a script to automatically sync it once per day
> and move it over to github, maybe a organisation called
>
> github.com/ZopeMirror
>

> What do you think about this?

Hi Johannes,

The board has decided to allow GitHub hosting for Zope Foundation projects at the last board meeting, the minutes are still in the approval process. We are working on the implementation. Please don't create anything that will confuse people looking for canonical Zope Foundation repositories. There's no need to duplicate an effort that is progressing already.

Thanks!

jens