[Zope-dev] Switching zope.testbrowser to webtest instead of mechanize

Andrey Lebedev andrey.lebedev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 21:54:22 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 02:59 PM, Brian Sutherland wrote:
> This is looking very very good, in my app very few tests are still
> failing.

Great! Now, as all our webtest fixes are released upstream, I plan to
make an alpha release of what we've done so far. If you have any
outstanding issues with new testbrowser, please report.

> I poked around at one and found that the way non-ascii in forms is
> handled has changed under python 2, here's a test that shows the
> problem:
>
>      https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testbrowser/commit/e0e965086c7fded415963518a6adef41b9d14619

Thanks, I've fixed the testbrowser according to your testcase.

> I'm not sure what the intention of the python 3 port is wrt unicode.
> Have you had any thoughts on the matter?

The idea is to make testbrowser to return/accept native strings instead
of bytes/unicode for both py2 and py3. Under py2, controls will return
str objects (for backwards compatibility), and under py3 that would be
unicode strings (for usage convenience).

--
Andrey Lebedev aka -.- . -.. -.. . .-.
Software engineer
Jabber ID: kedder at jabber.ru