[Zope-dev] Status of github migration

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 10 13:45:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2013, at 14:37 , Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>> For those packages that are fully migrated you will have obvious markers on the package in svn.zope.org, such as the package being read-only.
>>
>> I don't think being read only is enough.  Are people supposed to
>> attempt commits to find out if a project is read-only?
>>
>> We should at least leave something like a MOVED_TO_GITHUB file in the
>> project, in addition to making it read only.
>
> That's what I meant by "obvious marker, such as...". I did not imply making a package read-only is the only marker.

But that's all that has been done for some projects.  (Sorry, I don't
mean to be critical and I didn't raise the issue when it happened.)
OTOH, it's been argued (I disagree :) that I did too much for the ZODB
projects.  I think it would be helpful if we agreed on what should
done, so we have a standard play book.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton