[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 14, OK: 15

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Thu Jan 10 17:15:12 UTC 2013

On 01/09/2013 08:00 PM, Zope tests summarizer wrote:
> [1]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk - Build # 135
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071231.html
>

> [2]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk_app - Build # 118
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071232.html

These failures are both due to failures to check out 'transaction', which
is now moved to Github.

> [3]    FAILED  winbot / ZODB_dev py_265_win32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071249.html
>

> [4]    FAILED  winbot / ZODB_dev py_265_win64
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071250.html
>

> [5]    FAILED  winbot / ZODB_dev py_270_win32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071251.html
>

> [6]    FAILED  winbot / ZODB_dev py_270_win64
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071252.html

These failures are in tests of now-out-of-date BTrees.  We should just
remove such tests from the ZODB suite, now that BTrees have their own CI.

> [11]   FAILED  winbot / zope.app.container_py_265_32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071259.html
>

> [12]   FAILED  winbot / zope.app.exception_py_265_32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071258.html
>

> [13]   FAILED  winbot / zope.app.testing_py_265_32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071256.html
>

> [14]   FAILED  winbot / zope.app.zcmlfiles_py_265_32
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071257.html

These failures are due to an oddity in the ZCML-based class protections
granted by zope.app.security to the (non-API) tree iterators in the C
BTrees code.  I assume from the fact that these tests fail, that they are
running against a BTrees package which does *not* have the C extensions
compiled.

Those iterator classes are not APIs:  they are implementation details of
the BTrees C extensions.  I speculate somebody added protections for them
to zope.app.security to work around an issue with walking
space-suit-wrapped BTrees in untrusted code (note that somehow the
corresponding TreeSets aren't protected:  go figure).

I pushed a branch of BTrees which restores the iterators *in name only*
in the pure-Python case:

  https://github.com/zopefoundation/BTrees/tree/expose_tree_iterator

Im my branch, trying to actually *use* the XXTreeITerator class in that
branch (assuming no C extensions) will raise an exception, but the ZCML
<class> declarations which name the classes should no longer raise.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com