[Zope-dev] Buildout - including per-user site-packages dir.

Alex Leach albl500 at york.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 20:44:48 CEST 2013

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the reply.

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:13:15 +0100, Johannes Raggam <raggam-nl at adm.at>
wrote:

> AFAIK, you just need to create a .buildout directory in your home
> directory, put the file "default.cfg" in it with this content:
>
> [buildout]
> eggs-directory = /home/YOURS/.buildout/eggs
> download-cache = /home/YOURS/.buildout/downloads
> extends-cache = /home/YOURS/.buildout/extends
>
> and create the directories referenced here.

I saw that, but the packages I've installed into '~/.local/lib/python...'
aren't (yet) on PyPi, so this isn't really what I need.

I've actually got it working now, without any new sitecustomize.py file..
I think changing the package recipe in buildout.cfg fixed it, but it could
have been something I did in configure.zcml.in, as I've been separating
some things out into other namespace packages recently, and that was one
file that needed tweaking.

The buildout configuration that seemed to fix this, was to add 'recipe =
zc.recipe.egg:scripts' to my package's section, and
'allowed-eggs-from-site-packages = peak' to the `[buildout]` section. That
second one also helped resolve some dependency / conflict issues I was
having with PasteScript - I also have it installed system-wide for some
reason - and seems to reduce the need for duplicating some system
packages. I like it :)

Thanks again,

Alex