[Zope-dev] Version Numbering for Ported Packages

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:05:12 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:31:10 AM Tres Seaver wrote:
> > FWIW whenever I get a failure notification from Travis about a
> > package that doesn't have a .travis.yml, I uncheck the Active checkbox
> > in Github repo settings.
>
> Unless the project already passes all its tests when run manually from a
> checkout, please do not turn on any automated reporting.  Having
> seventy or so of those messages show up directly in my inbox on a
> travel-to-Pycon day was major suckage.

Please note that I always turn off E-mail notification for Travis in the config
file. Marius mentioned to me this morning that the messages were due to having
turned on Travis but the package not having a .travis.yml file. I have worked
all morning to rectify that and add a .travis.yml to all ZF GitHub packages.

> The set of packages now migrated to Github (including zope.app.*, z3c.*)
> is far larger than the set which is actually being cared for.  I didn't
> expect to see most of those packages migrate at all, because they are de
> facto abandoned (not used by Zope2, Grok, or any other active project).

We only moved packages that are still checked by winbot and the pnes that we
ported because we use them in our project.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek