[Zope-dev] ZCA for javascript

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Wed May 22 04:43:32 UTC 2013

> I suggest to move on to a Javascript community and continue
> do discuss there. Nowaday we have framework like backbone.js, angular.js
> on the client for doing state-of-the-art client-side JS implementations.
> Or stuff like Obviel (from Martijn Faasen, a long time contributor of
> Zope).

Thank you.  That is the information I needed.  I will take a look at
Obviel first.  It must contain
a lot of these ideas.

On 5/21/13 11:32 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Like always: you're thoughtd and reasoning are years behind of what
> people actually do today or using nowadays. I remember your pointless
> discussions on ZClasses - years ago,

Not pointless.  I figured out how to do it.  I now know how to implement
ZClasses on Zope 3.
http://zopache.com/RFP_LozinskiClasses

Just took a while longer than it should have.  To much discouragement here.

> years after we kicked ZClasses
> completely.
There you go.  You have a personal policy of kicking out ideas.  Very
closed minded.

Actually a very simplified version of Schema TTW is included in the open
source project schooltools.

http://book.schooltool.org/demographics-schema.html

It is a huge pity a better version is not readily available to all of
us.  That one is GPL.

Such a product, would greatly have helped more widespread adoption of
Zope 3.

> Don't take it personally but all your questions and communication
> over the last decade it based on very little technical insight and
> experience. Application design and decisions should be left
> to other persons.
That works for me, as long as zope marketing is not left to you!