[Zope-dev] missing eggs for AccessControl

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Tue Nov 26 07:36:49 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 07:34:34PM +0100, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013, at 18:04, Alan Runyan wrote:
> > Could someone kick zope.wineggbuilder  to create/upload missing
> > compiled eggs for the AccessControl package. 3.0.6 has binary eggs but
> > 3.0.7 and 3.0.8 are missing binary eggs.

Yeah, you can see the errors at
http://winbot.zope.org/builders/wineggbuilder/builds/45344/steps/release%20eggs/logs/stdio

> Maybe Adam can do that. But I'm not sure he ever rewrote the
> wineggbuilder code to deal with github instead of Subversion.

He did.

> So it probably is much more involved than just kicking it.

Looking at https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.wineggbuilder/blob/2e3f1ecf/rackspace.ini#L409
I think it needs a 'repotype = git' and a minVersion, like
https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.wineggbuilder/blob/2e3f1ecf/rackspace.ini#L195
(and probably a second section for building >=2.13.13 <3.0.0 releases).

Or see https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.wineggbuilder/commit/1547bb8ab
"use git for zope.proxy sources, because it was moved".

Similar changes need to be made to ExtensionClass, Missing, Record,
Zope2.

I'll let Adam chime in, since I never made any changes to wineggbuilder
and am not 100% sure this is sufficient.

BTW BTrees fails to build due to missing cPersistence.h.  What's up with
that?

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development