[Zope-dev] github etiquette

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:32:12 CEST 2013

On 9/17/13 1:47 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I strongly prefer that the reviewer do the merge.
>
> I'd also really like reviewers to take their responsibility
> seriously, making comments and suggestions where appropriate.
>
> Software review, done well, improves the software, and, more
> importantly, improves the developers.

I agree - I know I get better from recieving feedback :-)

Is this "reviewer role" something someone takes upon himself? I mean, if
I see a pull request for a code base that I know, I could review the
request?

Or do we acknowledge a group of people that generally do reviews (again
formally of informally, I don't mind, I'm not looking for "official
procedures")?

In any case, a second pair of eyes before merging is very helpful!

regards, jw

p.s. Another thing I noticed: some of the discussion about changes and
patches and fixes now shift from the mailinglist to github. This is
fine, I guess.