[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 1, OK: 13

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Jan 9 19:14:18 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 01:49:19PM -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 09:16 AM, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> >>>

> Beautiful!  Who knows what the real failure is, but theerror message
> >>
> >> Not just _tkinter.  I especially love the tox failures due to
> >>
> >> ImportError: No module named _winreg
> >>
> >> on my Linux laptop.
> >
> > Solved it:
> > https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.security/commit/dceaae23490a5cb2c305246305e6b3a51c29d3a5
>
> Good
> >
> on you for fixing it, but holy crap, that is insane!
>
> > Now I just can't reproduce the hex address difference.  Something to
> > do with Windows?  Platform-specific %p formatting?
> >
> > Why did it only start showing up now?  Semi-deterministic memory
> > addresses that just happened to never contain any hex digits above
> > 0x9 until now?
>
> Hellifiknow.  I see zero value to spelling that comparison that way, anyhow.

Fun fact: it *is* platform-specific %p formatting, and it came into my
mind because *I'd already figured out and fixed it (incompletely) once
before*:
https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.security/commit/e1d5f7cf375ccdfb8f6207c2bf813ca64c1d7bda

So
https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.security/commit/45e8a8563dcbc82c615fb4c52aad067735580443
fixes the problem for now, and I'll be very happy if anyone can come up with a
saner unit test, but I don't want to even think about this any more
right now.

Except, I just remembered one thing: I was a Very Bad Person and
duplicated[*] the _fmt_address() function in proxy.py and in test_proxy.py.
And now I changed only one of them.

  [*] don't remember why, maybe I thought that the pure-Python module
      couldn't always be imported due to name clashes with the C module?

*sigh*  BRB, fixing.  (While tired and hungry at the end of a long day,
best time for such fixes, to ensure more fixes will be necessary in the
future.)

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development