[Zope-dev] DocTests as TestCase methods/attrs, need PR reviewer.

Jim Fulton jim at jimfulton.info
Mon Jul 13 01:57:51 CEST 2015

Lately, I've been using nose and the support in nose for doctests makes me weep.

When I integrated doctests with unittest, I based the integration on
test suites, but nose ignores test suites.

Today, I created a small module in zope.testing that let's you define
doctest in ordinary TestCase classes that nose sees. Another advantage
of this approach is that doctest defined this way use the same fixture
mechanism that ordinary unit tests do.

Some simple examples can be seen here:
https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testing/blob/doctestcase/src/zope/testing/doctestcase.txt

I'd love it if someone would review my PR. :)

https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testing/pull/4

Jim

--
Jim Fulton