[Zope-dev] Zope Python 3.2 compatibility

Jason Madden jason.madden at nextthought.com
Wed Jan 27 23:34:48 CET 2016

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 11:40, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm +1 for dropping Python 3.2 support for all zopefoundation
>> packages.
>>

>> If there's consensus, I can probably do that easily with a shell
>> oneliner -- I've all of them conveniently checked out.
>
> I'd be fine with dropping 3.2 and 2.6 support entirely on them all.

3.2: I know that some projects, such as BTrees, persistent and ZODB, test/work on pypy3. However, pypy3 is only released in a 3.2 compatible flavor (though it does support the u'' syntax). From hanging around on #pypy, there is some progress being made on a 3.3 compatible pypy, but I don't think there's a timeline yet. So is this proposing to drop support for pypy3 too?

2.6: Anecdotally (from comments in the github issue trackers for ZODB related projects), I know that as recently as August of last year, some zope shops still used Python 2.6 in production.

Given that, I guess I'm +0.

Thanks,
Jason