[Zope-PAS] Re: [RFC] Extending CookieAuthHelper

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Nov 18 10:41:16 EST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 16:09, Zachery Bir wrote:

> On 2004-11-18 09:59:05 -0500, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> said:
>
>> It seems that instead of the login method calling updateCredentials
>> on the CookieAuthHelper itself, it should inform the PAS instance so
>> that the plugins registered for updateCredentials can fire. Am I
>> overlooking something?
>
> That sounds reasonable to me. Tres and I were discussing that many of
> the plugin points need to be surfaced at the PAS level, so it can fire
> any interested parties.

There are probably a myriad more or less complicated ways to make this
happen. One simple way could be to talk to the plugin registry itself
and call "listPlugins" with the desired interface to retrieve the
active plugins and call updateCredentials on each. Does that sound like
a reasonable thing to do inside a plugin (because only PAS itself
seeems to work that way now)?

jens