[Zope-PAS] First cut at PAS for Zope 3

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Oct 4 15:39:48 EDT 2004

I checked in a first cut of PAS (Pluggable Authentication Service)
for Zope 3:

   http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/pas/

I still have to finish working out the searching API and I need to
add delegation to higher (in the containment hierarchy) authentication
services.

See in particular:

   http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/pas/interfaces.py?view=markup
   http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/pas/README.txt?view=markup

Note:

   - wrt name mangling: it is up to plugins to do name mangling on their own
     to avoid principal-id conflicts within a PAS.

     PAS does additional name mangling to avoid principal-id
     conflicts accross authentication services.

   - I've implemented support for challenge protocols as discussed on the
     zope-pas list.

   - I haven't written any plugins yet.  I expect we'll implement a number
     of plugins and implement a UI for the PAS at the upcoming sprint starting
     Saturday.

Questions and comments are welcomed.

Jim