[Zope-PAS] Error installing PlonePAS

Ricardo Alves lafere at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:13:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having a strange error when trying to install PlonePAS in a newly
created plone site. Working with versions: PluggableAuthService-1.1b2,
PlonePAS 0.4.0, plone2.1-rc3, zope2.8.1-final and python 2.4.1.

I'm getting the traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 311, in
installProduct
- __traceback_info__: ('PlonePAS',)
Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
- __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /etx>,), {}, None)
Module
/opt/eurotux/rsa/zope28/run/produtos/eurotuxintranet/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py,
line 796, in install
Module
/opt/eurotux/rsa/zope28/run/produtos/eurotuxintranet/PlonePAS/Extensions/Install.py,
line 337, in restoreGroupData
Module Products.PlonePAS.tools.groups, line 67, in addGroup
Module Products.PlonePAS.tools.groupdata, line 134, in setGroupProperties
RuntimeError: Mutable property provider shadowed by read only provider

Printing the propertysheet id, I get 'mutable-properties'.

It looks like it is considering that the property sheet is not
implementing IMutablePropertySheet. In 'groupdata.setGroupProperties'
(line 130), the following statement is returning false:
    if IMutablePropertySheet.isImplementedBy(sheet):
        sheet.setProperty(group, k, v)
        modified = True

I commented the if statement, and it worked.
    #if IMutablePropertySheet.isImplementedBy(sheet):
    sheet.setProperty(group, k, v)
    modified = True

Why is 'isImplementedBy' returning False?
Is this a known issue? Or should be a problem of my zope-2.8.1 installation?

Tanks,

Ricardo Alves