[Zope-PAS] Re: id mangling

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu May 26 09:23:57 EDT 2005

> Sorry, Mark, and everyone else waiting for some pronouncement.

No problem!

> Just got back from a week and a half in Honduras.

Nice :)

> I do want the
> flexible ids, but I don't want PAS to care. Personally, I believe it
> should be a configuration of the individual plugin, and where
> present, the plugin will hand back mangled ids. That's how I was
> planning on finishing the prefix implementation on my branch.

Sounds good.  It seems to me then that your branch is ready to go.  As the
plugins themselves will be responsible for this, we can simply declare that
none of the supplied plugins are (currently) prefix-aware.  The PAS public
interface need not change to accomodate plugins that choose to implement
this feature.

When someone has a need for this, they must somehow manage to convert all
their plugins to a "prefix-aware" implementation.  Until then we can ignore
it - which sounds fine to me!

So I vote for merging your branch as it stands!  All the tests seem to pass,
and at least we have an agreed baseline from which to work.  Once done I can
then start nagging about
http://www.zope.org/Members/urbanape/PluggableAuthService/Collector/7
<wink>.

Cheers,