[Zope-PAS] Installing Plone PAS in Plone site overwrite base acl_users and sites acl_users

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Nov 14 06:38:37 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 11:12:31AM +0800, Tom Hallam wrote:
| I infer from the above that the replacement of both user folders is a
| design decision.  The implication of this is that if you have multiple
| sites on the same Zope install all instances have to be PAS regardless
| of what your actual authentication needs are :-( .  I should be able to
| keep a simple acl_users folder in the zope root if I'm happy with
| limitations given above.  The install program should not force this.

Not sure what to say. Your requirement is weird to say the
least. We've decided for the path of less confusion.

99% of the Plone (or 'CookieCrumbler', as this affects any user of
cookie-based authentication) users would expect to be able to log in
with a user from a user folder in the root, which *is*
backwards-compatible behavior. What you want is not
backwards-compatible behaviour IMHO, so my opinion is that you will
have to fix that yourself if you want that policy to be supported.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.