[Zope-PAS] Duplicate pulgin types created by PluginRegistry.exportimport._updatePluginRegistry

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Tue Dec 19 04:32:35 EST 2006

I recently wired together the GenericSetup handlers from PAS in an
extension profile for another product.  This way I can support fully
declaritive import/export steps for setting up a PAS user folder
within a CMF GS profile using the PAS subdirectory.  As such we can
avoid the declaritive abuse of GS used in borg, membrane, remember,
etc..

It all worked great with a minimum of code in the other product with
one exception.  If a plugin type and active plugins for that type have
been configured previously (whether by a GS profile or not) then
registering the plugin type again with a new list of active plugins
will result in duplicates in registry._plugin_types (as in
acl_users.plugins._plugin_types).  This doesn't actually break any
functionality but results in duplicates in the PAS ZMI.

Attached is a small patch that avoids this rather simply.  I'd love to
see it merged so I don't have to maintain changed copies in my own
product to have extension profiles that modify a PAS UF configuration.