[Zope-PAS] Re: Duplicate pulgin types created by PluginRegistry.exportimport._updatePluginRegistry

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Tue Dec 19 11:51:56 EST 2006

Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> writes:

> Thanks! Can you please add to the PAS collector so we don't lose the patch:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Collectors/PAS

Will do.

> I don't understand the need for this handler, or why your overrides.zcml
> uses it for IPluginRegistry.  The "normal" handers for PAS plugins are
> all in PAS itself, and the "normal" one for the registry is in
> PluginRegsitry.

As I understand it, the PAS setup handlers expect the setup tool to be
located *inside* the acl_users folder.  I taks this from the fact that
the setup handlers get the adapter that does the actual importing and
exporting with an adapter for context.getSite().

I wanted to be able to do PAS configuration in a setuphandler executed
inside a setup tool for a CMF *portal* for the acl_users folder
*subobject* of that portal.  As such I adapt
getToolByName(context.getSite(), 'acl_users').

Is this incorrect?

Ross