[Zope-PAS] Re: PlonePAS error handling

Tom Hallam thallam at arach.net.au
Sat Jan 14 01:45:58 EST 2006

Sounds like the problem is more at the plugin design level.  Why is PAS
trying to set properties for a plugin that does not support them?
Really an error should not be happening in this situation.

To me it seems that either the interface should require the plugin to
implement mutable properties (this should be part of the interface
compliance testing) or PAS should inquire via the interface as to
whether the properties are mutable and behave correctly.

It seem that the former is being assumed and that LDAPMultiPlugins are
not compliant with the plugin interface requirements (as implemented).

Tom