[Zope-PAS] plone and openSSO

Serge Zagorac Serge.Zagorac at manukau.ac.nz
Sun Sep 10 22:29:50 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Is there a plugin or initiative for authentication plugin between Plone
/ Zope and openSSO (formerly known as Sun Access manager)
https://opensso.dev.java.net/

I would like to integrate our  plone site into our portal site which is
controled by the access manager (openSSO).
I have been trying to write  the plugin myself but got stuck because I
did not know how to access clients (browsers) session cookies with
python or zope's api..

What I would like to do is to get the value of the session cookie the
access manager sets in the clients browser upon successful login and
then invoke the web service via soap with the cookie value which returns
the user name that I will then pass over to Zope.
However I found this task impossible to do because I was not able to
find the way to access client session cookies with python or zope.
Or I'm wrong...??

Please help

Thanks

Serge