[Zope-PAS] Re: PlonePAS using SQL get AttributeError

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Thu Apr 19 09:27:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:33:16 -0400, Sidnei da Silva
<sidnei at enfoldsystems.com> wrote:

> On 4/19/07, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
>> But you can get that even with PAS if you change the challenger in your
>> site PAS. For example if I configure my site to only allow OpenID logins
>> you can no longer use the emergency user since no challenger will result
>> in username&password style credentials.
>
> Correct. In the case of PlonePAS, we are just making the default,
> out-of-the-box config be not broken instead of being broken by
> default.

looking at this further, there really doesn't seem to be any good way to
allow the root to be a non pas, and allow the plone default authentication
(form based) to work with users in the root, without replacing the root.
the way pas monkey patches the response during traversal, basically
asserts only the inner most user folder gets a chance to challenge.
apologies to the integrators, there really isn't a workaround for this
outside of reworking pas's challenge mechanism or the challenge plugins to
allow delegation up the chain, the means of which isn't apparent to me.

-kapil