[Zope-PAS] changing user details

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Thu May 3 13:24:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

We're using PAS to integrate with a SQL-based user source.  Adding
users, authenticating and getting properties is all working fine.  I've
defined plugins to allow me to change properties and roles and to delete
users, and registered them correctly.  But here I have hit a snag:

   The user folder itself doesn't seem to provide me with a method to
   cascade these calls to the relevant plugins.

As a result, I have to call the plugins directly, via

   acl_users.plugin_name.delete_user(...) etc

I'd definitely prefer not to embed the plugin names into other code.

Is there a reason why these are not implemented, or is it just waiting
for someone to provide code and tests?  It seems a bit of a shortcoming
that even if you write and register plugins of these types, there's no
user folder support for calling them.

Miles