[Zope-PAS] adding/removing users

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Tue May 8 13:25:34 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your pointers on how to reformulate my ACL issue in
PAS-terms - it proved very insightful.

I am using PAS in an environment where I want zope to be able to
add/edit/delete user accounts.  As far as I can see, although the
options are documented in the interfaces, the service doesn't provide
them, and isn't wired up to pass such calls down to any individual
plugins that do provide these abilities.

For example:

  - adding a user is implemented via _doAddUser, but not via the
userFolderDoAddUser method that is part of the IMutableUserFolder interface
  - deleting a user is not implemented on the service, only on the plugin
(indeed it raises an exception which CMF doesn't catch)

To get round this, I am currently using my own copy of PAS where I have
wired up the IMutableUserFolder interface methods to pass on to the
plugins.  If I tidied this up a bit, would it be a useful contribution
to PAS, or is there some reason that I haven't picked up on that makes
them too user-specific for PAS to provide?

Thanks

Miles