[Zope-PAS] Re: PluggableAuthService and PrincipalDeleted

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:48:30 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> [cut]
>
> I don't think we know enough yet to do a good job of writing a similar
> framework for *managing* users atop a n arbitrary set of user / group /
> role / property stores.  Lots of "partial solutions" (i.e., applications
> which work fine against a given set of plugins) exist, certainly, but
> the APIs used by those applications don't show a lot of commonality.

> I would like to see somebody ship a separate package which supplied the
> UI for configuring the "stock" PAS components from somewhere besides the
> ZMI view.  Such an application could work by defining marker interfaces
> for the "CRUD"-able plugins, and supplying adapters for the "stock"
> plugins, or it could just register views directly for those plugins.

Mmm, what about having an abstract plugin for user managment
(BaseUserManager for example)
that would group all user managment events.

IUserRemoverPlugin, IUserAdderPlugin, etc.., then make plugins like
ZODBUserManager uses it,

This would be enough for third-party code to get notified when a user
is removed,  imho
(which is a common need)

Tarek