[Zope-PAS] [Collective-checkins] r93341 - in mr.ripley/trunk: . src/mr/ripley

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Mon Aug 3 07:45:56 EDT 2009

hi wichert, tres,

On Jul 30, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On 7/30/09 2:44 AM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
>> Author: witsch
>> Date: Thu Jul 30 00:44:25 2009
>> New Revision: 93341
>>
>> Modified:
>>    mr.ripley/trunk/buildout.cfg
>>    mr.ripley/trunk/src/mr/ripley/replay.py
>> Log:
>> support the (unfortunately) not yet released "user masquerading"
>> patch for PAS
>
> Please note that that patch will most likely never be merged in PAS,
> so don't hold your breath for too long.

stefan of course already told me about you being somewhat reluctant
regarding the patch, but since he's refactored it again in the
meantime — resulting in a much smaller patch set[*] — i'd really like
you to review it again and perhaps reconsider.  afaik it's still not
quite possible to do this exclusively in a plugin, but perhaps stefan
should tell you about the details here...

in any case, the functionality is very useful in a lot of cases — most
obviously for people doing support, but also for testing deployments
like in this case.

regards,

andi

[*] http://is.gd/1VTIu