[Zope-PAS] [Collective-checkins] r93341 - in mr.ripley/trunk: . src/mr/ripley

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Aug 3 07:52:13 EDT 2009

On 8/3/09 13:45 , Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> stefan of course already told me about you being somewhat reluctant
> regarding the patch, but since he's refactored it again in the meantime
> — resulting in a much smaller patch set[*] — i'd really like you to
> review it again and perhaps reconsider. afaik it's still not quite
> possible to do this exclusively in a plugin, but perhaps stefan should
> tell you about the details here...

I still see no reason this can't be done in a plugin, as long as you get
the plugin ordering correctly. Until you can convince us that this
really can't be a plugin the patch should not go in.

> in any case, the functionality is very useful in a lot of cases — most
> obviously for people doing support, but also for testing deployments
> like in this case.

I have no problem with the implementation, just the fact that this is
not implemented as a normal plugin.

Wichert.