[ZWeb] Re: [Zope-dev] package descriptions

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:28:51 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:

> I reckon DC stuff should just be included, not hidden, when you do a
> sort.
>
> ...but then again, I think DC stuff should just be in with the rest
> (with a little DC logo next to it) anyway ;-)

I agree. Actually, I think every product should be able to have a
"sponsor" icon.

> > Yeah, that's pretty slick. It occurs to me that the same
> > layout should be used for the How-To's page.
>
> ...like that idea :-)

Ok, I'll give that a try.

> > Perhaps a 'short_description' property could be added to the
> > Product, and it would default to 'first line' only if that
> > property was blank.
>
> I think this is a much better solution to the problem.

why is this a better solution to the problem than having the first line
informative?

I don't mind doing this, I just don't see the bonus.
--
ethan mindlace fremen
Zopatista Community Liason