[ZWeb] Re: [Zope-dev] package descriptions

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:40:11 -0400

Michael wrote:
> Ethan wrote:
> > I would still really appreciate it if people would change
> their products
> > page so that the first line is a plain text summary of
> their product.  I
> > have HTML quoted everything, which makes the formatting
> better, but some
> > descriptions are still less than usefull.
>
> Perhaps a 'short_description' property could be added to the
> Product, and it would default to 'first line' only if that
> property was blank.

(I snipped out zope-dev from the address list.)

I'll second Michael's suggestion with a slight modification.  I'd like
to use just plain 'Description' to follow Dublin Core.  I think having
it as a separately edited thing is best.

--Paul