[ZWeb] FW: [Zope] Zope for medium/large sites

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 08:01:15 -0500

Hey Paul,

I had never heard of this site but it sounds like a great example of Zope
usage. Might be a nice case study.

Cheers,
JMA

----------
From: Petru Paler <ppetru@ppetru.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:28:44 +0200
To: Tiago Antão <tra@fct.unl.pt>
Cc: Bill Anderson <bill.anderson@libc.org>, zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope for medium/large sites

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 02:13:55AM +0000, Tiago Antão wrote:
> bill.a> If you have the hardware:
> bill.a>  o a dedicated SQL server to hold member authentication data
>
>   We've Oracle as the backend.

[...]

> bill.a> That should be able to handle pretty much what you describe with ease.
>
>  BTW, Do you know of any site with more than 100000 registered users and
> lots of hits using zope?

mydomain.com (I work for them, did the programming). There are 139216
members
as I write this, and a couple hundred registrations each days. The system
manages 315421 domains right now, but about 2000 new ones enter the database
each day. The site gets about 500000 hits/day.

Everything works wery well (everything is on one computer, Oracle 8.1.6 and
Zope 2.2.2 behind a proxy rewrite rule for apache), EXCEPT for the Zope
being
unstable. I think the culprit is the Oracle DA and I've sent a message to
this mailing list, but noone seems to know what happens...

--
Petru Paler, mailto:ppetru@ppetru.net
http://www.ppetru.net - ICQ: 41817235