[ZWeb] Re: Zope-web digest, Vol 1 #52 - 9 msgs

kamon ayeva kayeva@hotmail.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:17:05 GMT

Hi,

>Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 05:53:53 +0200
>From: Maik Roeder <roeder@berg.net>
>To: zope-web@zope.org
>Cc: Paul Everitt <paul@digicool.com>, zdp@zope.org,
>Veikko Wuensche <vw@lightwerk.com>, Frank Tegtmeyer <fte@fte.to>
>Subject: [ZWeb] ZDP joins Zope-Web
>
>Hi Paul !
>
>Paul Everitt wrote:
> >
> > Karl is more right than he thinks. :^)
> >
> > It's not just the Zope Book that is obscure.  There are a ton of really
> > good resources and documents that aren't getting visibility.  The ZDP
> > has done better than Zope.org on this, but I think they and we could do
> > better.
>
>The ZDP has changed focus some time ago to provide links to good resources
>instead of writing the resources. So, basically there is noone writing
>for the ZDP any more, and I am almost the only one left who uses the ZDP
>Site
>more or less as a weblog that I use to keep track of stuff I have learned
>about
>Zope. I wish there were more people using the ZDP as a weblog of sorts,
>and that's why I want to focus on this aspect, because it is working
>for me.

[snipped the rest]

Just to give some status concerning ZDP effort merging with Zope.org.
As Maik said, it would be good to work closely to build documentation and
knowledge sharing on Zope.org. Solutions are 1/ syndication or 2/ moving
content to one central place.
Also I agree the ZDP mailing list is no more needed.
Personnaly, I am 100 % ready to contribute to the effort with
ideas/code/documentation, but I have abandoned the original ZBook initiative
since it did not work (maybe the format was not well suited
for a community growing very fast with people that don't have time to write
structured documentation). A weblog format would definitely work better.

Best regards,
Kamon
www.ecubateur.com