[ZWeb] weekly news item (Formulator)

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:08:10 +0200

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 02:12:00PM -0400, Jason Cunliffe wrote:
> > Should'nt that be
> >
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/ZFormulator
>
> No, it's http://www.zope.org/Members/faassen/Formulator. Without the Z.
> With the Z it's the predecessor based on XMLDocuments.

No, that's XMLWidgets, which never had a Z. ZFormulator was my *other*
product which has been superceded by Formulator, no XML involved.

> As I understand it,
> Formulator does not depend on 3rd party products, although CoreSession
> will be used if available.

That's true. You can use CoreSession along with it, if it's available.
I don't do much with that yet, though, but you can store form results
in a session if desired.

PS. Before you ask, I am The Original Martijn, and Faassen is The Other
Martijn. Just to be clear on that account. In no way should those two
terms be confused, and in no way should you listen to The Other Martijn
when he claims those terms should be applied the other way around.

:)

Regards,

Martijn