[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Beware to HotFix Legacy

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:57:04 -0400

Júlio Dinis Silva wrote:
>> One thing cool would be to on zope.org associate to each release of
>> zope the HotFixes released for it. For instance when we choose a
>> version of zope to download, besides the install information, release
>> information, History information, etc, we could see a list of hotfixes
>> one should apply to that version. Maybe create a class Hotfix on
>> zope.org and then relate it somehow with the /Products/Zope/xxx/
>> folders. Then when a Hotfix class instance is created the person
>> creating it associate that hotfix with some versions of zope, and when
>> we visit a zope version download page we can see a list of >hotfixes
>> released for that version.
>

> Well, nevermind, in http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope there is
> this kind of information near each Hotfix that allready give us
> information to which versions of zope each HotFix applies.
> And in http://www.zope.org/Products/ there is the "Latest Hotfixes"
> section that also do the job.

Right.  Also, each new release has *all* hotfixes merged into the
codebase.  You should *not* use old hotfixes with new versions of Zope.

In fact we really ought to have a system in place that prevents hotfixes
from being used inappropriately.  Maybe for the next one.  The problem,
of course, is you never know when the next hotfix will be necessary, if
ever.

Shane