[ZWeb] Notification Use Cases

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:09:12 +0000

Hi Ken,

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> Really, that brings me to the requirements for this little project - what
> are the goals and specific features we have to have from change
> monitoring?

This is the crux of it for me. I would say the following:

- I want emails set to me as soon as something changes, including a diff, like
the CVS notification.

- I want to be able to specify exactly what it is I'm watching, that being a
single page or a sub-tree of pages...

And, to be honest, that covers it :-)

'Page'=='URL' for me, maybe something that uses a traversal hook or something
for the sub-tree stuff?

One of the pages I would be most interest in watching would be the 'current list
of proposals or projects' page.
Also, for me, the diff is ultra important. I think it was Mike P who found the
URL watching site, but they didn't tell you what had changed, which made it next
to useless...

So, that's my 2p :-)

cheers,

Chris