[ZWeb] Some fishbowl work

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:43:39 -0500 (EST)

I put a proposal for the immediate-term fix at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/FishbowlNotificationsForNow

In it i elect for what looks to me to be the most exedient, assured
avenue, and one that is not particularly the long term solution.  As i
mention in the proposal, i think the long-term solution is a substantial
project - a good project for the well motivated group coelescing on the
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PeopleWhoCanContribute page -
but i think it's imperative to start any group project with a clear and
reasonable set of goals.  (In fact, i think it would be best to start with
some small-scope projects, so the momentum and patterns of the group can
solidify.)

(My own ultimate aim for the fishbowl, or any collaborative site, would be
something built on a general content model along the lines of
"OrganizationObjects",
http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/OrganizationObjects .  I would love to
help steer an effort to realize that model.-)

For the immediate term, i would be quite interested in feedback and
suggestions on my proposal.  I'm getting pulled away this afternoon to see
if i can track down a leak, but hopefully will be focusing back on this
soon, with some accumulated feedback...

--
Ken
klm@zope.com