[ZWeb] Newbie thoughts on zope.org re-org

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 07:38:06 -0500

Michael Twomey wrote:

> A couple more thoughts on things that can be done straight away:
>
> * Maybe zope.org's front page should be simplified. The first thing a
> new user should be drawn to is downloading and installing zope. Odds are
> if you are at zope.org you already have a vague idea of what zope is and
> you want to try it out.

I agree that some work on existing zope.org could be done.  Create a
replacement standard_html_header/footer and a new CSS stylesheet in one
of your member folders and mock something up.

> * I'm really surprised there isn't a "Recent changes" set of boxes based
> on simple metadata queries (or am I thinking of CMF?) on the zope front
> page so people can see recent product changes and recent debates for
> example.

Same for this.  People can experiment and submit some prototypes.

--Paul