[ZWeb] Newbie thoughts on zope.org re-org

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:06:17 +0000

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Here is something else I've been thinking about too. At my day job, one
> of my tasks is Mickeysoft certification of hardware. The though has
> occurred to me that ZC could do something like that, for third-party
> products. Something like this:
>
>  o Developer creates Zope products that does nifty stuff

yup

>  o Developer submits product for certification to the a set of
>    "standards", such as perhaps compliance with a Zope Standard Base

That should be part of the server-side package management process but...

>  o ZC charges a small fee, perhaps variable by the complexity of the
>    app.

...if you do that, no-one will bother. Can you imagine AKM paying to have
ExUserFolder certified or me (or technically Butch) to have Squishdot certified?

cheers,

Chris