[ZWeb] [IDEA] project urls

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:43:08 -0800

A list + wiki form the short-term and longer-term memory of a distinct
"project". Such a project may benefit from a collector/tracker (a more
structured kind of memory useful in certain situations)[*] and other
useful features (realtime chat channel).  Continuing this way you can
put together a sourceforge-like project if you want.

Whether projects consist of one such "module" (bear with me) or many,
I propose that projects automatically receive a distinct home page
which describes the project and links to all the project's modules. In
this example:

http://projects.zope.org/zope3-dev

Modules' canonical urls should be as described previously.
They should also be reachable via
http://projects.zope.org/zope3-dev/{list,wiki,collector,...}.

In the degenerate case where a project is simply a list or a wiki, the
project page may want to just redirect there.

Comments ?

-Simon

[*] current zwiki.org tries to provide these three, with high
integration, using a single dynamic wiki as the substrate.
Another way of doing it, which I think has promise.