[ZWeb] zopeorgreorg news

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
21 Dec 2001 16:46:57 +0000

OK, I've been a bit quiet recently.  Not because of flagging enthusiasm,
but because of work commitments.  Today I'm off for a nice long xmas
break, so I thought I'd do a quick round up.

I've assembled some thoughts in a Wiki (sorry folks).  It's pretty
rough, but please add your comments, at:

  http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZOST/ZopeOrgReorg/FrontPage

Note that this is about sorting out zope.org in terms of its
information, documentation, and look-n-feel, *not* about web based tools
such as ProductPackaging, for example.  Paul would love others to take
on leadership of those areas.

On the wiki, you'll find links to the meeting log, plus my minutes of
that meeting.

I've also outlined how I'm going to move things on in the future.

Basically, I'm going to work out a good methodology for garnering
feedback from the key community constituencies (complete newbies, python
developers who've not used zope, zope gurus, ....).

I'll think about this over the next 3 weeks.  During january i'll be
soliciting the feedback (in the form of chats, emails, polls....)

At the beginning of february, I'll write it all up into a document.
Then I'll open the document up for discussion on zope-web, with the aim
of having it completed and agreed by mid-Feb.

This may seem like quite a while away, but

 (a) I don't want to set unrealistic targets
 (b) I want to make sure we get it right

Next, I'll be acting as the community "client" (alongside a ZC
"client"), and trying to get other people to take on leadership of the
following sections (information architecture, design....).  All the
while I intend to annoy everyone into submission.

Realistically, I'm not expecting the site to be completely ready before
next August.  I hope we can get some small improvements online before
that, though.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be checking my email of course, but not
nearly as much.  Sometimes you have to prise yourself away from
computers.  Apparently.  *sobs*

So happy holidays and all that

seb