[ZWeb] Zope.org mail problems.

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:58:30 +0100

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 01:06:21PM -0500, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Alright, I was told by the IT guys Matt was messing with DNS from New York;
> I don't know why DNS all of a sudden is dying, and there are no clues in the
> messages log as to what's going wrong.
> I'll see if I can find someone to look more into this and in the meantime
> will keep restarting named.

Zope.org is unreachable just now.

Could it be that bind was upgraded? There was a security advisory on that
this week.

I didn't encounter it with my configuration files, but the latest version
of bind 8 (8.2.3) has a new config parsing engine that is much stricter.
Errors in format that previously were tolerated can now cause bind to
exit.

For an example of such an error see the following Debian-user post:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0101/msg05121.html

--
Martijn Pieters