[ZWeb] Re: optional registration/info during install

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:22:31 -0700

These things are a two way street, if you dont provide some value to both
parties it gets ignored and or makes people unhappy. Logging in to Zope.org
to download Zope doesnt appeal, it would add a barrier into the download and
doesnt provide a lot of value to me. Perhaps there are more options you can
add to that...

Now if I could upload a configuration of my Zope, its products and such to
Zope.org and get notified when things get changed and synced down new
products (you know thats my hobby horse) you will get a lot of interest.
Plus you will get more relevant stats. This then gives you lots of nice
numbers from how many people download Zope, to how many use it, what
products people use a lot and so on.

Just be careful to anonymize those numbers of course. BTW you of course keep
careful track to all the referers to www.zope.org, www.zope.org/Credits
(going to update those credits?) (from the Zope attribution button) :)

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.