[ZWeb] google results duplication

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
14 May 2001 09:58:32 -0700

Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com> writes:

> Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com> writes:
> > ZWiki just needs to be fixed to not generate infinite URLs based on
> > acquisition.  If you browse around a ZWiki long enough, you'll find
> > that path elements in the URL get repeated.  Or you can just browse
> > the Zope.org logs to find googlebot and its excessive URLs.
>
> The latest code should be quite resistant to this; it should never
> happen to a normal user. It just might be fixed for robots in general
> since the switch to using absolute urls for wiki links.

Yeah, I haven't had much of a problem with acquisition links in google
results.  It's all intentional links that shouldn't be indexed, like
the printable, management, and editable pages.  The printable page
is a problem for many types of zope.org pages, too.

> Completely disabling acquisition through zwikipages seems a bit
> drastic, unless there's no other option..

I don't think I've ever visited a wiki page that used acquisition
purposely, actually.

--
Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com