[ZWeb] DISCUSS: Wiki subscription slowness

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:46:15 +0200

From: "Paul Everitt" <paul@zope.com>
> 1) Turn off notification until it can be reimplemented.
>
> 2) Stop authoring in Wikis.
>
> 3) Move the Wiki authoring for new.zope.org requirements (nzo) over to
> new.zope.org.

4) Utilizing a proper mail handler queuing. I haven't done any performance
tests on this, but putting a mail through sendmail/qmail-inject/whatever is
probably much faster than doing an SMTP connection, right? That would make
the sending much faster.

I can make a MailHost that instead of an smtp host has the name of a queue
injection program (by default sendmail). This would mean, however, that you
must have a mailserver like sendmail or qmail installed on your webserver. I
don't know how this would work with ZEO either, I guess each server needs
the mail server installed?