[ZWeb] Functional spec

Olivier Deckmyn odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 08:23:56 +0200

>We briefly discussed functional spec yesterday on IRC.  Casey volunteered
to lead this.  Here are some possiblities culled from the survey results at
>http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZOST/ZopeOrgReorg/SurveyResponses:

> - better search!

Agree

> - ratings (someone has already done some work on this, can't remember who)

Agree

> - automatic osbeletion (?) of old content

We had implemented this for a customer. When publishing a document,
publisher has to tell how long its document is worth a read
(1,3,6,12,18,24,infinite months). After this the document might be displayed
with an "obsolete" banner or automatically retracted. In both case, the
publisher gets an email asking him to re-publishing if needed.

This is just an idea...I try to help :-)

> - support for i18n

For user-interface or for the content ? (one of them is utopic :-p)

>Casey, could you put together some brief initial thoughts about
feasibility, etc, identifying the best 'bang-for-buck' solutions, for
discussion?