[ZWeb] Another try

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:50:51 -0400

The part about even/odd css conventions brings up an interesting directio=
n. =20
Perhaps we could highlight the sidebar (left margin) as navigation by doi=
ng=20
the alternation?  Alternatively, instead of a background color, give a li=
ght=20
background _pattern_ such as a pattern of light dots.

Perhaps there are other ways as well, such as preceding each hyperlink wi=
th a=20
a blue square.

Also, as an update...I spent some time yesterday taking Olivier's mockup =
and=20
putting it as a skin on new.zope.org, to include the sidebar contents fro=
m=20
the IA discussion.  Unfortunately there's a bug in the new.zope.org sandb=
ox=20
that prevents switching to the skin that contains it.

Here's what's happening today:

a. Andrew Sawyers will help get the sandbox's Zope, CMF, etc. up-to-date.

b. We'll fix the bug and let you know when you can try out the skin.

c. Olivier can, when he's ready, start putting his results up in the skin=
=20
folder.  I'll send him the info for doing so.

Once that's done, we can combine the discussion of IA and design.

Here's a status on the nzo (new.zope.org) boxes...the delivery is a littl=
e=20
delayed.  Thus we hope to begin the project next Friday, rather than on=20
Tuesday.

--Paul