[ZWeb] Q: Available for participation?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:31:54 -0400

> Also, regarding products, ChrisM says the ratings ability on nzo product
> objects was created but not wired into the skin.  He'll do some research
> to give us the various calls we need.  Alternatively, someone could do a
> zopeorg checkout or browse the CVS at cvs.zope.org.

The ratings code is "in there", but it does need to be wired in to the skin.
It was not wired into the skin originally because we thought we might have a
"generic" ratings system for all kinds of content, but this has not come to
pass.

The code is the docs (it's very simple code).  The code is available via
anonymous cvs checkout:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org/cvs-zopeorg login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org/cvs-zopeorg co -d ZopeOrg
Products/ZopeOrg

See SoftwareProduct.py

If anybody wants to take a crack at wiring the Product ratings calls into
the skin, I will be happy to give them write privileges to the ZopeOrg
module in the repository if they feel it is necessary to change files in the
module to get the functionality.

- C