[ZWeb] Q: Available for participation?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
22 Apr 2002 13:18:37 +0100

On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 12:17, Paul Everitt wrote:
> It is completely unrealistic at this point to get a sandbox working.  It
> would take too much of our time coaching someone and too much time and
> frustration on their part.

I've already checked out a sandbox and I've got it all running apart
from the LDAP connection.  Is there much more beyond this that needs
doing?  If not, I don't see that there would be that much frustration.
By not using CVS we'd be opening ourselves up to a whole raft of other
frustrations, IMO.

Or is the problem that the current CVS does not represent the latest
new.zope.org?

> IMO, it is much more realistic to simply give selected people (those
> that are committed to heavy participation) shell access to a debug area
> we create.

I'm happy to take whatever development process you advocate in the
interests of getting moving, but I wanted to register my concern that
this way of working may cause more problems than it solves.

If we're just concentrating on skin issues at the moment, then this is
not such a problem.-

seb