[ZWeb] NEW Products Page View

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:18:54 -0400

A day ahead of schedule(hoo hoo), I have posted the new revised single
Products Page view.  A few active authors have provided feedback on the
features they wanted to see to make it easier for them to post products.
And we have gotten great support that we are going in the right direction.

The plan is to allow authors to spend 5 minutes launching a new product
without any documentation or spend as much time as they want on info for the
community.  Files can be on zope.org or external.

Users can quickly get a good idea of what the product does, view other's
feedback and generally be empowered with the information necessary to decide
whether to invest time in downloading and installing a product or to keep
looking elsewhere.

The HTML is a mess, but renders ok in IE.  It will have to be cleaned up but
should give you an idea of what we are shooting for.

http://www.zope.org/Members/trevor/productspage/

Send feedback and we should be able to make one final revision next week.
Then we will put together a project plan to build this puppy and present the
components as they are functional.
And we will start designing the subpages and the management forms.

-Trevor